Welcome to the Fairfax Fraternal Order of Police Associates (FOPA)
The Fraternal Order of Police Associates FOPA Lodge 77 Fairfax is a civilian affiliate of the Fraternal Order of Police FOP Lodge 77 Fairfax. The FOPA Fairfax Lodge 77 is an organization formed to increase understanding of the rights, duties and problems of law enforcement officers; foster respect for them; and to better the conditions under which they serve society. We accomplish this through community outreach and involvement in charitable causes, as well as legislative and educational efforts. It is our aim and objective to support law enforcement throughout our country in every way possible, as well as to support key charities within our community. Some examples of the community programs we manage and/or support include: the Cops & Kids program, youth sports programs, Bike Helmets for Kids, Autism Speaks, and Life with Cancer.
Our members range from friends and families of law enforcement officers and law enforcement volunteers to respected professionals and citizens from all walks of life—people willing to devote a portion of their time and effort toward helping their communities.
- Message from the FOPA President - As the new president of the Fairfax FOPA, I look forward to representing the membership of the FOPA and working with the many causes that we are partnered with. I appreciate your membership and for those...
- New Executive Board - Effective January 1, 2015, the Fairfax FOPA appointed its new executive board. Ben Migliaccio was named the new president, Jeanne Miller was named the new vice president, Richard Majauskas was named the new secretary and Barb Detrick...
Cops & Kids – Officers taking underprivileged kids shopping for Christmas presents and school supplies shows those children that the police in their area are friends and are always there to help. Giving a child a present, when they wouldn’t have received one, or the supplies they need to excel in school, can make a lasting impression.
Youth sports programs – The FOPA believes that making donations to sports programs to help defer cost to the athletes allowing them to participate in sports that they enjoy.
Child bicycle helmets – Each year many children attend bicycle rodeos sponsored by the Fairfax County Police Department. Unfortunately, some of the children do not have safety helmets and must be turned away. The FOPA provides safety helmets to the Police Department so that all children can participate.
Autism Speaks – Autism Speaks is a leading autism science and advocacy organization, dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. Autism Speaks works with law enforcement officers to educate them on how to use strategies and techniques to assist them in dealing with individuals on the autism spectrum.
Life with Cancer – Life with Cancer, a part of Northern Virginia’s Inova Health System, offers support and education to help those affected by cancer cope with their diagnosis and its treatments in the best way possible. Its unique approach to cancer education and support using both Oncology Certified Nurse Educators and Licensed Clinical Social Workers provides a one-of-a-kind partnership for addressing all the needs of someone experiencing cancer in their life.
With the Fairfax County Police Department
- Enable Fairfax County law enforcement personnel to advance leadership and professional development.
- Develop and support educational and training programs that enhance the skills of existing officers while providing incentives to recruit outstanding new talent to Fairfax County.
With the Community
- Establish a collaborative relationship between the citizens, businesses, and organizations of Fairfax County to create a safe and friendly environment.
- Provide opportunities to foster the values of good citizenship.